Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chapter Two: Ashland

We made our way down to Dear Sweet Ashland shorty after our move from Portland.  Here we spend a few weeks relaxing in the Southern Oregon sun and spending some much needed bonding time with family and friends.  While there, My bosom friend Shira threw me a wonderful birthday party to celebrate my 27 years of life.  After 27 years of having an April Fool's birthday, you would think I would be expecting to be fooled every year, but alas I am surprised every time.  This year my dear friend Dana from Eugene told me she was not able to make it to my party due to family responsibilities at home.  I was sad not to have her there, but I understood.  AND THEN, right before we cut the cake, there walks in Dana all decked out in Alice and Wonderland party clothes (mistakenly thinking it was a costume party).  It was quite a surprise and quite a site to see.  A perfect April Fool's Birthday.
One of the big parts of this adventure we are on is to deepen and nurture relationships with dear friends and family that have gotten a bit neglected over the years.  This Trip to Ashland was just that.  It was wonderful have a two solid weeks to spend good quality time with my parents and my darling brother Josh, Shira and her darling little family, and revisit the haunts of my old hometown.
Birthday event of the year!
It's not every day a girl turns 27...
My two Besties
                                                                 
Easter Eggs before and after
                                                                   
Noemi
bosom friends
Josh
                                                                            Sophia

2 comments: